R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 03-05-2014, 12:25 PM
proraptor
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenhatchie
The kit includes a 72 & 81t spurs.

On another note, I was putting mine together last night and also had and issue with a rear shock. One of the shock bodies had not been fully machined and has a big step on the inside of the bore. It was enough that even the piston wouldn't go into the shock. Also one lower cap for the shock had majorly deformed threads. The good news is that I sent an email to AE last night around 10pm and got a response this morning that replacements were on there way. For now I just reamed out the shock bushings from my B4.2 and transferred the big bores over. Thumbs up to AE for prompt customer service during a hectic time. Other than that the kit went together awesome.

Weighed it this morning RTR and it came in at 1577g. Going to see what all I can do to trim some weight down but for now that is awesome for a box stock setup. Can't wait for some aluminum drive train parts to be released.

As far as first driving impressions coming from a B4.2 this thing drives beautifully. Rotates much sharper and faster. Using the same tires I was using on my B4.2 I did not have any problems with rear traction at all, just a much more agile car. Also for all the guys wondering about using this car for 17.5 no timing, go for it. Compared to my B4.2 (has Avid centering kit, MIP pucks, V2 slipper, speedy gears, shorty and centered electronics) it was a tad (and I mean very negligible) slower on acceleration which was to be expected. As a matter of fact take off was about the same or better than a box stock B4.2.

Seems there is a lot of shock problems with these new kits. Bummer