R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to this hobby.
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 09:19 AM
ttso
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My suggestion: try to pickup a second hand V1RR or V1RR EVO since lots people might sell them because V1RRR released. They are better chassis than V1S and will give u a better feadback on how your skill growth.

My friend did the V1S when he first enter this hobby (which is heavily modified with 2speed and lots options by my another friend). As far as I can tell, he suffer the poor chassis more than his driving skill after 2 or 3 weekends. Which means the V1S only good for him for first 2 or 3 runs, after than the chassis killing his driving capability. Now he took my 710 and driving quite well, which only 6 months after he start playing RCar (and I yelling him to take my car earlier but he just doesn't listen...XD).

You might worry the car goes too fast, DONT! Buy a very stock engine, said OS TR12 non competition version, which is easy to tune and slower compare with others. Your first engine should able to let you learn how to drive the car, play around the setting. Ask the store to breakin for you. Play it with 70% throttle in first few weeks, than bump to 100% (you can setup the throttle range on controller). After first engine aged, go for general stock engine to feel more speed.

Electronic, go for the highend if you consider to stay on this hobby.

And remember: ALWAYS play at dedicated track (I know SG has some). And ALWAYS ask others when you got questions.

My little 2cents.