R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - icharger 106b+ help
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM
darkscope001
Tech Apprentice

Default icharger 106b+ help

Hey guys I recently bought an I charger 106b+ and I'm having some issues with it.

When charging lipo batteries in ballance charge the charger won't cut off. I'm charging a glacier lipo 5000mah pack 55c hard case at a rate of 1c so that should be a rate of 5 amps correct? I also have my cutoff voltage set to 4.15v per cell.

Ok so here is what happens. When the charger reaches 4.15v per cell 8.3v per pack it starts stepping down the current untill it gets to 1.7a then it starts fluctuating rapidly between 1.7 and 2 amps but will never drop.

I decided to monitor it and let it go and see what happens. Well it keept fluctuating between 1.7 and 2 amps and the charger never cutoff I finally manually stopped it when the battery was at 4.22 volts per cell.

But I noticed the fharger only does this on lipo ballance charge. When I go to lipo charge or lipo fast charge it cuts off at 4.15v per cell.

Is there a firmware update that fixes this? Is something wrong with my charger? And what's the difference between fast charge and charge? I thought fast charge ignored lipo cell ballance but then what's charge?

Thanks
Sean