R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serious question: Should ROAR ban tire sauce?
Old 02-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Davidka
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JK47
Saucing is simply another tuning tool which is AVAILABLE to EVERYONE.
So were timing advance speed controls, tire lathes and batched/matched 6-cell packs at $100+ per pack. The key to navigating this is recognizing which things return value to the racers and which don't.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Dude there was other things other than tire sauce of why onroad racing has been going to down for a long time.

I used to run onroad 1/10 Touring cars outside at a parking lot club racing. What killed that was the money and setup time you needed to just be competitive in a stock class not traction compound .
One in the same my friend. If saucing tires into a state where they don't last long enough to satisfy the racer's expectations is what it takes to be competitive, the only racers left will be sponsored or just willing to throw money at it. The latter is a group of racers that don't exist in great enough numbers in any market to sustain a track's turnout needs.

There have been several posts pointing to the cost of racing. I reiterate - RC racing has never been as inexpensive as it is now. People will bear the cost if the value of what they're spending on meets their expectations. I did this in the late 80's on a lawn-boy's pay.