R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 01:52 PM
grippgoat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shock Tower
I am new to xray, and is just in the process to build a brand new T4 14. Came to the point today, where i was putting the rear uprights on the rear suspension arms. All that went fine, but when i mounted the upper turn buckles, the the hole suspension was binding ?
I have made the tunbuckles to the specific lenght for the rear on 52.8mm from end to end, but it just was to short. I also checked that I have screw in the right holes, and I used the inner hole on the uprights, and the outer hole on the upper clamps.
Any surgestion of what might have been wrong ?
On my first T4'14 kit, some of the ball cups for the camber links were very very tight on the ball studs. You can feel this by twisting the camber link with your fingers. It should feel very free. If it's difficult to twist your fingers, then it's too tight on the balls. I'd first pop the cups off the balls and look to see if there are any imperfections on the ball. If it looks good, pop the cup back on and see if it's still tight. Sometimes popping a cup off will stretch it very slightly. If it's still really tight, try squeezing the cup with pliers.

If that's not where the binding is coming from, it can only be from the inner or outer hinge pins being too tight, or the arm mounts pinching the arms. Or maybe something with the diff outdrive if you've done something strange with the suspension mounts.

I assume you haven't mounted the anti-roll bars yet?

-Mike