R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advise on travelling to race's
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 10:00 AM
scary_jerry
Tech Addict

Default airtravel.....

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
I have been thinking of travelling to one of the big races great lakes ft myers etc:.
I live in the pacific northwest and have been going to the Timezone grandprix on a regular basis but we drive there and basically bring everything but the kitchen sink . I plan on going to their race again but would like to try one of the others .
I was wondering if the travelling pro's have any advise on what to and what not to pack .
I will travelling with my wife and she is not a pit person so that is another question .
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Hey fasteddie......I tried to get comfortable with that concept of packing 'all the right stuff'.......and having the airline (TSA) make me throw something in the trash.

If you are sponsored, you'd have a 'support base' at the track site.

Three different scenarios came to my attention while asking your same question......(1) you can 'ship' your car in a 'Home Depot' type 'tool box' (2) you can 'carry-on' your car and pack the other stuff, minus the kitchen sink and (3) pack car and tools etc. for 'check-in' baggage. Remember that you can't take fuel with you and travelling with any 'lipo battery' may be near impossible.

Good luck.......hope to see that 'entourage from North-of -the border' again at TZGP !!!!!!!!