R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 02-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Bob Barry
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Bob, did you find the buggy was looser w/out the shim? I've always run mine w the shim b/c i like lots of rear traction. I'm going to try the SCT w/out it as Frank recommended. Just curious your thoughts.
when I removed the shim from the buggy, it immediately locked the rear end in. It was by far the biggest change I have made in the car. You could get on the gas quicker and power out of the turns harder. You get the feel of increasing rear Toe without having to do that. (make sense?)

Second biggest is A vs D camber link.

Springs, oils, pistons... they all make changes (obviously) but honestly there are so many combinations that feel good. And when you look at the variations in setups, you will see that everyone is in the same ball park for oils, pistons, and springs. Maybe a half weight difference here or there, one step softer spring here or there, etc.

When I changed from 1-A to 1-D, my car rotated significantly less and gave a more confident feel when driving. If the surface is high bite, I tend to leave 1-A on. If the grip is anything less than high bite, I usually go with 1-D so that I can give the car a little more locked in feel.

now I know that the link choices we run on the truck are different, but the mechanics behind them aren't. If you want more rotation in the turns, go 1 step shorter, etc.