R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 02-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Carranza76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
The issue is that I don't yet own the truck. I'm thinking about getting back into 2wd SCT and the 22SCT seems to be the truck to drive. But the thought of buying a brand new kit and then all the parts required is a little off putting. For whatever reason I'd rather pay the full original price of the 22SCT and get all the parts than buying it at the discounts price and adding all the additional parts. In reality it doesn't make any sense as the cost is really about the same.

Ok I'm an idiot. If I pick 2wd SCT I suppose I'll be getting the 22SCT and all the parts.
I think most people can agree with what your saying, but the cost to re engineer the 22sct and make parts would be at a cost and then they would have to price a new kit to cover that.

Also RC is about figuring out how to make something better which is what Frank did. He shared it as most of the TLR guys do with us so that we also can improve the truck. You do not have to try it. I get the cost but in RC trial and error is costly no matter how you look at it and if a guys like Frank try and make it work then share it well its not nearly as costly.

I think overall a new kit would be pointless unless they do what they did to the 22 and 22 2.0. Most guys can convert their old to the new with a few parts geometry wise and not have to buy a full kit.