R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:10 AM
fredswain
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thefan
So i had my first race ever on the dex210 and it was on carpet i used a setup from petit under the name Matt which is very similar to just about all other carpet setups i had read, anyway i could not stop the traction rolling i put the stock springs back in and it was better but still no fun to drive with the slow corner speed i had to use to avoid rolling over, i have since read about tire prep about gluing the outside tirewall and sanding the outer edge pins off do you think that alone will solve my traction rolling issues or is there any setup changes that will help? i was using scrubs on front holeshot2 rear
His setup was running on slicks. If you've got more grip, you'll flip. Hey, that rhymes!

I honestly don't know how his car drives but just by looking at his setup sheet I can tell I'd hate it. First, and this is a HUGE red flag to me, if the front shocks have more total piston hole area and the front oil weight is higher than the rear, it's crap. This is a very VERY common mistake. Even most pros make it. It is the result of a misunderstanding of how pack relates to piston speed and shock length.

He is clearly trying to run a very low roll center in the front with a higher roll center in the rear. He is running a shorty battery all the way back. With more weight rearwards, he is going to need more roll stiffness but there is a neat phenomenon with the greater front nose kick of 2wd cars that once you get too soft in the suspension, the front will unload on power out of corners no matter what. For carpet, grip isn't lacking. You are proving that with traction rolling.

I'd shift the battery all the way forwards and change to MM3. Run 0 rear kick. Move the front outer hole camber link location to #2. Leave the back alone. Reverse his pistons front to rear. You want the larger holes in back. Adjust the oil accordingly. You will need to balance the spring rates and shock oils. See the tuning with camber links thread for info. Reduce the front caster to 20 degrees. I have no idea why anyone would ever run 30 degrees except on loose dirt with inline steering. That's the only time.

That should get you closer but you'll still need to fine tune things.