R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Bring The KF01 To The USA
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 09:57 AM
T.MARSHALL
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
If the kits are going for that much, there is price gouging going on for sure. Why not get together a list of about 10 to 20 guys that really want to buy the car along with a list of parts and do a group buy of it from Kyosho. If you do that (prepay it with Kyosho America), they will get them ship to the US for you guys in less time than buying it from an overseas website.

Originally Posted by gary47
My car came in 6 days from japan, price gouging if your dealer!!!!!!!!!! othe wise smart buy.
Nice! Where are you from?

Originally Posted by XPHamer
Pretty sure, we could and would have 5 to 10 of the Kyosho F1 cars running around our track in Toledo, OH if they and the parts could be easily purchased.
We have up to 24 F-1 1/10th cars race indoors on our carpet track. Should be able to get 1/2 on the big track. The Monkeys would scream.
I agree and before you know it there will be thirty guy showing up ready to race them.

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Think they will do that for the RB7!!!!!
Nothing beats a failure but a try. Right? Either way not importing these cars to the USA is ignorant. Clearly there's a strong and growing market for Formula 1 racing fans were in the USA.
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Call up Kyosho America, ask for Steve and tell him who you are.
I'm sure they would love to hear from you.
Juan, I called kyosho, the representitive I spoke was very kind but not helpful due the fact he was told the market here in the USA is too small to import the KF01 to the USA.

Originally Posted by gary47
Right now you can get that kit from japan for about $250.00 with shipping and if need parts order 2 kits for $500.00. If bring kits here what think they will sell for? unless you dealer . I seen kits go for$ 500.00 to $700.00 on ebay and rc thech.
IMO: This is why you don't see these cars flooding the tracks in the USA.