R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speedpassion ESC + Tekin motor?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:25 PM
loaked
Tech Rookie

Default Speedpassion ESC + Tekin motor?

My local track is indoor clay, kind of a tacky surface. I run my SC10 there and have nothing but good times. I picked up a B4.2 roller. I have everything needed except ESC and motor. I wanted to try and keep it close to $150 and 17.5t as that's the class I plan on doing for a while. I have spent some hours reading/researching, and before I drop the coin I was seeing what some thoughts if any are on what I decided on.

-Speed Passion Reventon Stock Club Race Sensored ESC - $59 from AMAIN
-Tekin Redline Gen2 Sensored BL Motor, 17.5T $84 shipped from nitrohouse

I have read so far good things about the speed passion ESC, and it seems like it has the right features, and with that motor being on sale it seemed like the best for the money motor wise. And this would come to just under $150.

Or is it worth it to spend a bit more($200) and get the Tekin ESC/Motor combo. Its $219 but $20 off coupon + free shipping form tower. Friends at the track always recommend Tekin stuff, haven't got to ask them about speed passion yet, and wont be able to for a few weeks. My gut says spend a bit more and get the Tekin combo, but is it worth the extra $50 I guess is really what I am wondering.