R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:38 PM
JDM_DOHC_SiR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Probably because they need to step up and get some new stuff and some better advertising. Would like to see a setup that 28mm foams fit from the factory without having to buy new hubs and all kinds of other stuff to do so.

New cars out nowadays are getting so good from the factory that you normally don't need too many hopups anymore. Alex I think needs to offer more for the same price. Most comapnies already have hard arms on the kit to start and some alum. stuff. With my Cuda I needed to buy the idler gear holders in Alum at 39.99 ea and then buy hard arms and blocks just to get the car up to par with many other good cars.
My Point exactly with all of the cars that are out now....you really don`t need 3million$$$$$ to fix it up to be at a similar level as say a Pro4 for example or a car from Tamiya... don`t get me wrong it`s still a great car.. it just needs some $$$ to get it started..So a bit better advertising or... ... . some drivers that would offer support at the local tracks.. this goesfor the US and Japan.... .. .But I think that it`s too much of a shot in the dark ... .because Japan seems to have less and less Barracuda users as the months go by I think it might have been the Re-make of the R3 when they offered the CE edition..same car PAL style hubs with a different upper camber link style mounting system.. .. . ..who knows there still might be life left for this car but they need to come out with something"NEW"...and Fast that is different than what is currently offered
Just my 2 Yen...Won..ect ect...