R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 09:09 AM
davidl
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I had a little fun with 17.5 powered inline Xti this weekend at the Timezone GP. I put it P2 on the grid and was fortunate enough to grab the W. Randy was exceptional with his kit Xti at IIC, so I was easily inspired for this project. I wanted to make sure that I was using the latest springs (except fronts). This was a straight forward build with nothing funky done. The idea was to get a little more weight forward to reduce front tire slip in effort to see if I can reduce post run fade.... more so at club tracks then big events. I reversed the esc and battery location which makes the wires much shorter and efficient. I did have to use a piece of double back tape under the battery plate to keep it from sliding into the servo. On my car, I did have to sand the football a little to snuggle the esc a little closer. I wanted the shorter wheel base, so I chose the Altered Ego chassis which builds up at 197. I did use the Xti rear plate. I want to say the stock Xti chassis builds at 203. This car drove really well! I built it a week ago. I haven't raced stock since last spring but to my surprise I nailed the set up. Didn't lay a wrench to it all weekend! Now that's lazy racing.

Here's how I put it together:
Front:
.50 front springs (old black)
Kingpin .402" with 50k that I heavily neglected
5* caster block with 2.0 riser
1* camber
1f/2b caster
3.25mm r/h

Middle:
Red center spring (new)
25wt shock oil
Tall ball stud on the upper plate
20k tubes
.50 sides springs, touching
3.5mm r/h

Rear:
-1.5 droop
3.5mm r/h
17.5 KS @ 57* time, 57/72

Tires:
CRC Black fronts; 40.8, CA full sidewall, full dope w/ SXT
CRC Yellow rears; 41.5, no glue, full dope w/ SXT

Body:
Black Art R8C

Brian

Very nicely done, Brian. Now a question. I notice you used an extended height ball stud on the upper plate to mount your shock. Would you have done just as well to use .45 front springs and left the shock mount in stock configuration?