R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 08:45 PM
ZER01
Tech Master

The kit comes with .36" shock bodies and .36" shock shafts. Team Losi makes a .28" shock body and .28" shock shafts. The 28's are shorter. Using the 28's will shorten the front shock travel to get the front ride height even with the back. Don't worry about the back, the back is fine with the .36's. Although you might want to consider threaded shock bodies for the front and rear so you can make ride height adjustments on a fly. This is what I've done to level out the car.

FRONT
.36" threaded shock bodies
.28" shock shafts(regular flavored not titanium coated)
Cut half the threads off the the .28" shock shafts with a dremel tool.
Cut 2mm's off the front shock shaft eyelet(the peice the steel ball goes through) to gain more "uptravel".

REAR
.36" threaded shock bodies
.36" shock shafts(again, regular flavored)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use the collars on the shock body to set your ride height. Use the droop screws in the bumpers to set your droop. *TIP* Set your droop first then your ride height and double check your droop after setting your ride height. The front droop screws are in the front bumper and tend to flex which will sometimes give a false droop reading. If the droop is a lower number after setting your ride height, loosen the collars, set your droop 1 number higher on the gauge and adjust the collars back the same. Now check your droop. The rear isn't that bad as the front. I've been racing this car ever since it's debut and I love it.