R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 PM
BlackStarRacing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
I run the same combo as BSCFlash and i love it. I copied MonsterSummit originally after he was dominating all things pro4 and continues to do so in our area. The 2 pole is a lot smoother rolling on the throttle you dont have to worry about the wheels spinning as much. It has enough power to make any jump and hang with or even out run any 4 pole down a straight away. It seems to run a lot cooler than my 4 pole ever did (130s vs 190s). The thing i hated about my 4 pole was it was an on and off switch, really no in between and the 2 pole has as much as your squeezing the trigger. Since i've switched i have become a lot more consistent and have been doing better results wise as well.
Originally Posted by BSCFlash
The 4-pole tends to be very agressive on the low end (more torque), while the 2-pole has less torque, and a better "actual use of" the power, almost like a built-in traction control. The 2-pole seems to hook up much better while not blowing the tires off, but still has awesome upper-end power and speed with the right ESC settings. It is still a beast, although it's a 2-pole, because it does have a massive 550 can.

I have used the HD 4300, and it is far too much power for such a light truck. I prefer the 4600 over the 4300 all day day long if you must go 4-pole.

Most of the local TLR guys have gone to the 2-pole 4.5t, and, in fact, one of our guys TQd at the Midwest Nationals with my exact configuaration.

As you can see by my vehicles below, I run both motor configurations, but prefer the 2-pole on smaller indoor tracks. We have yet to try the 2-pole on the outdoor tracks due to winter.
Great heads up..... I think I'm going to make the switch..... My 4700 is like you said hard or soft.... I'm going to try a 4.5t... Would a 3.5 be cutting it close?