R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4'14
Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:53 AM
chasingthepack
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fly'n Fish
help with belts!!!! I have snaped a brand new belt after about 5 battery packs in the brand new '14. It was the back one which I though might have been on the tight side, I guess I though about it too long. Any how, what can you guys recommend on belts? I noticed some trick looking white ones in the thread a while back they have to be awesome, but what's the best and strongest and where do you get 'em!

thank you
i snapped a rear recently but that was due to debris getting picked up and jamming in the drive teeth,also stones and sticks can get caught up under the diff and wear away at the belts,with the belt tightness,really you want them as loose as you can get them without them skipping teeth,in blinky my belts are very loose but for the faster motors they would get tightened, my belts flap about a bit but its the fastest car down the straight due to less drag,and with less drag it flows through chicanes better ,if you have ever used drag brake you can get a similar effect from overtight belts,which then can cause handling problems,such as the rear stepping out off power