R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sct oval ?
Thread: Sct oval ?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 05:48 PM
NorthCentral RC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Were you the one at the track in Wausau this last sunday? If so, then you should really try the tires that the other guys run in that class before changing whole trucks. The Road Hawgs grab that track perfect and make a huge difference! When we switched from regular sct tires to them, it easily made a 4-6 lap difference in our first runs and we have only been getting faster! Plus, just getting the ride height set is only a small part of the set up. That track requires a fine line of adjustments to other things like chassis weight bias, shock setup, and getting the right combination of shock springs.

If you have any questions, let me know. I was the one running the purple late model bodied Sc10. I will help you any way I can. I won't be able to make it for the next two weeks but I will be more than happy to answer any setup questions you have.

Also, make sure if the truck still has the servo saver spring and nut, that it is cranked completely tight. You will need to set that tight so that it can handle the pressure put on the tires running those tight corners at speed.