R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Airtronics Synthisized Reciever problems
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Geppetto
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default my knee-jerk reaction to this

I got an Airtronics MX-3s as a Christmas Gift (I bought it for myself) from Tower. I didn't need a new radio, but the $25 off offer had an affect on my judgement. However, after reading some of these posts, I decided to ship it back this morning before 30 days had expired since I hadn't used it.

In a couple of weeks an indoor asphalt track will open in my area, but if I waited until then, I wouldn't be able to return the radio sine Tower allows only 30 days.

I have an MX-3 that I used outdoors all summer without any glitching problems at all, so I figured a Systhesized version would be a bonus. And I've always used Airtronics (used to have an M8), but, if I waited until this new indoor track opened, and discovered that my MX-3s had glitching problems that I couldn't resolve, I would not be a happy camper.

I realize that the experiences of a few people aren't the basis of a true stastical sample, but I figure I can always buy the MX-3s later if I can demonstrate that it works in the new facility without any glitching.

Better safe than sorry.