R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 02-11-2014, 05:14 AM
sduffy77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DSwirls
Hey All, I've been running my SCT 22 RTC just as it came to me for the last few weeks. I just ordered a Tekin RS gen2, and a Trinity Killshot 17.5 to replace the ESC and motor. Do I need to change my gearing from what it originally came with, or is that generally only if I was going with a lower turn motor or messing around with the timing? Im running the original ratio (82 Spur and 48 pitch) on an indoor high-bite clay track. I'm very new to R/C racing and would appreciate any help you could offer! Thanks in advance
for 17.5 you'll probably want to change out to the 78t spur. I'm not sure what the FDR is on that motor but I'm sure you can find it online and use an online gear ratio calculator to figure out which pinion to use.

http://www.gearmachine.net/

Here's one that I use which will give you a range of different FDR and you can play around with what works best. I believe the internal ratio for the 22 transmission is 2.43. I usually pick a fairly large range and print it out and take it with me to races.