R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What's the best "race" buggy to buy, looking for most bang for buck
Old 02-09-2014, 10:57 AM
GvilleFloridaR1
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Don't overthink it. Pick the one you think is cool and go for it. After a few months if you decide the hobby is for you than you can go crazy and spend every paycheck on the latest and greatest stuff. The best advise I ever got was that this hobby is 80% money 10% wrenching and 10% driving so make sure your cool with all that before you take the deep plunge.
I've learned very quick that you need a consistent flow of money to stay in or around this hobby. I have been in it for over 7 years but always have bought name brand RTR stuff, that was fun, but ultimately was crap.

Originally Posted by Jaz240
For now just concentrate on the fun and cool factors. You can have just as much fun with a $300 investment as you can with a $1500 investment. If you are getting into competitive racing than don't worry so much about top quality gear.
I agree with you for sure. But I am tired of cheap stuff. If someone made an awesome quality RTR buggy I would buy it ... I wish there was more feedback on the serptant..

But I want something that will last and I know is a solid ride. If I need to build it that I guess thats what I have to do.. I just dont want to get in over my head... I dont know if the diffs in this kit come assembled or what... I can build a buggy Im sure, I just haven't built a diff, drive line from scratch before and I dont want to f it up.

Is the hot bodies kit mentioned above a roller already assembled or a kit that I have to build from ground zero?