R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22-4 THREAD
Thread: TLR 22-4 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Todd Hodge
TLRacing

Originally Posted by jzwolen
100% correct, diff screws should be facing the left side (drivers side) of the car. I've marked my outdrives with a silver marker/paint pen to remind me for easy re-installs.

I have also broken both front arms and snapped hinge pins at the center seam. I will be omitting the grub screws from now on.
Originally Posted by frankenstang
Was told by horizon tech support last night to leave the grub screw OUT of the arm and just use the front holder to keep the pin in place. I mentioned to them that ALL of us were snapping the hinge pin and that the back half just falls out and allows the arm to wallow around in the back until the arm finally gives in and breaks. He said the team guys are NOT using the screw in the arm anymore.

He will send a message to the parts dept to see if they can sell the front pins separate from the rest of the ones for the rear. I really don't want to spend $16 everytime I need a front pin.
Originally Posted by fredmotokx
Same here, broke one hinge pin, the tab did not even break. I have to miss the race tomorrow because of this, I'am verry disappointed. Would like to know if this problem will be fixed or they will act like they are no problem.
Originally Posted by Autocratic
So why would the grub screws be causing the hinge pins to break more often than not using them?
We think the problem is not the hinge pin as we have done hardness testing on the pins and they are within our range of hardness. We think that the setscrew is interferring with the hingepin and causing the hinge pin to be stressed and then under heavy impact the hinge pin breaks. For now we are recommending that racers don't run the setscrews and allow the bumper to hold the hinge pin in. We have been running it like this with no problem. What's even more ironic is that we never saw this during any of our testing with the preproduction models and that I can tell you is frustrating for us. Even at the WC we never had any issues and that track was very hard on cars.