R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to RC..........again. 1st Posting
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
ALIASDAVE
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Thanks for the links Chris, been checking out the tc 6.2 thread a bit already, but without a car in hand I've only scanned the thread.....and thanks again for re-introducing yourself at my first event, it was great running into a familiar face from the early days of 1/12 at the original SRS Raceway.

Yes, I can remember the days of driving the first Associated 1/12 car they made and learning from scratch so I'm prepared for a steep learning curve for the first few months. Thankfully there are sites like this to learn from.......unlike the early days of R/Cing.

The TC 6.2, Reedy Sonic 540 13.5 motor, Associated SC700 BL ESC and DS 1015 servo, a Spektrum DX3C radio and a few other goodies are on the way. Based on the little I've read so far this should be a good platform to start with....and build on.

Battery technology is still a weak spot for me so I have a lot more reading to do before I lay down money on batteries, especially at the cost for good ones.

One question I do have now is: Do I need a separate battery for the receiver? I've seen them on the market, but have no idea if one is 'needed'.

Thanks to all that responded.
you're going to want a sensored esc