R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 04:51 PM
T. Deguzman
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jpm1
Hi Torrance,
Will there be side guards on the production kit?

If not I'm sure there's a reason aside from cost, what is it, more chassis flex???

Also in Ty's pics there's a alloy rear plate in the rear bulkhead, is this a factory alloy upgrade or is this a custom part made by Ty's Crew?

Also what wheels will fit this buggy?

Cheers Justin

Ps loving the fact that the designer is on the forums fielding questions!
no side guards. we just make them out of excess lexan from the body or wings. may seem like a ghetto solution but it works, is lightweight, and free. a full on molded side guard isn't gonna take tenths off lap times and besides i doubt the current chassis shape is gonna be the same forever. i didn't want to paint ourselves into a corner with matching side guards.

the camber plate in the kit will be black anodized aluminum. at first we made them out of carbon fiber but they kept breaking. the plate on Ty's car is a prototype titanium unit made by his 'crew' (PL). a bit overkill but you know how the pros like their bling. lol.

as for wheels... at the rear just about any hex wheel compatible with current 1/10 buggies (AE, TLR, PL, JC, AKA). for the front the offset is the same as the TLR 22 (i explained earlier in this thread). the kit front wheels will have a 12mm hex but the kit will include both large and small hexes. PL, JC, and AKA already make compatible wheels. as it turns out the new TLR 22-4 also has 12mm hexes up front so whatever wheels are compatible for that car will also be compatible with the D413.

B44 front wheels can also fit but because it has a deeper offset the front track width will end up being slightly narrower. it's ok though, Ty used PL B44 compatible front wheels to win the nats.