R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what are 1/8 electric buggies missing?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:15 AM
nv529
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname

Even at $ 200 dollars theyre too expensive.

Reason 1 : Nitro runs 30 minute mains , if you cant do it and they can , they must be better ... the thought of the common man

Reason 2: Easier to recover from mistakes in 3 seperate races than scewing up early and having to drive back through the field .

Reason 3: Tires using fresh tires 3 times , or run a set at race pace for a half hour .

Reason 4: Durability Ten minutes and take a break , then ten minutes and take a break isnt as impressive as beat on it for 30 minutes straight .
I can't seem to wrap my head around why some people think E-buggy should be exactly like Nitro down to the 30 minute main and Pit stops. Why should it? Sure, they share the same chassis, but they are two different classes!

30 minute main are great for Pro level racers that can maintain race pace within a few tenths without crash during the whole duration of the race. BUT let's be realistic 99% of club level nitro races the top 3-5 drivers are usually 2-5 laps ahead of the field after 30 minutes. Complete waste of time, fuel, and tires IMO.

Originally Posted by wittyname
i see what your thinking now ... The on par comment wasnt to imply I dont think they are on par . But , a lot of people dont think they are on par with the nitro class because they are not a big deal world wide.

You do understand nitro 1/8th buggy racing has been around for 30+ years and we didn't see the first mass produced E-buggy until late 2008, right??