R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what are 1/8 electric buggies missing?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Pulse_
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
-ESC's that actually work and are as reliable as Novak 410m5 from the '80's. We're getting ripped off on ESC's big time. As if we're suddenly in bizarro world......HW makes the best ESC now!?!?

-Standard rubber mounted floating ESC mounts. Like the way servos mount with rubber blocks.

-better wire routing
-better BEC's in the ESC. Give me 8.4volts!

-NEW team drivers that actually test and improve their teams products. Hire someone that can actually BREAK an ESC during beta testing. When your team drivers didn't find any of the 100 crappy problems your new ESC has before shipping, maybe it's time for different team drivers. Seriously, is it really hard to find a racer that's killed every ESC on the market to test your stuff??? (I'll offer to blow up any ESC out there, send PM) Viper, Novak, Tekin, LRP have crappy beta testers. "Or tester had no problems at the ROAR Nats" Is not an excuse for dozens of local racers in my area with brand new $200 piles of CHARCOAL.

-Shock pistons with valves that open on rebound.

There's no need for supporting the rear of the motor. Just build a more robust motor. Billet motors like the Tekins seem to hold up best. Supporting the rear of the motor would mean we'd all have to run steel spur gears like Nitrobuggies. Gear mesh would change every time the chassis flexes, a plastic spur doesn't stand a chance if the rear of the motor gets flexed by the chassis. Floating motor setups work well, just need a robust motor can an correct chassis clearance. (My Xray XB9 E with a steel gear is smoother and quieter than my Tekno with a plastic spur)
stronger BECs are a must have for sure, I'm tired to look for some room for external BECs ..

I have to agree with better testers for the controllers also, average racers and bashers, not top level racers.. the only ESC that held up for me is the MMP in 6S which I'm running in all my cars with a cc bec for the servo.. paired with a Tekin motor I haven't had a failure for the 2 last years

with weak motor mounts installing some foam under the motor helps drastically and still allows some flex... I run composite spurs on all my ebuggies and never had a problem with mesh changing in 4 years doig so. The only spur I stripped was because af a screw from the center diff that came loose and got stuck inbetween the mount and the diff. Now that I'm running "true" e-buggies I could get rid of it but I do it as a prevention