R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:07 PM
EbbTide
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stinky cheese
Thanks everyone for the input. I had a look on petit rc at all the setups and from what I saw and in my opinion everyone seems to be running a different piston depending on the track they are at. What I was looking for was a piston that worked at most tracks and all I had to change was the oil or spring depending on conditions.
Most drivers will stick with one size piston (the piston size differs between drivers) and just change the shock oil accordingly. Changing pistons every time you go to a different track is a bit needless with such small increments of oil weight available. I personally go with larger hole pistons to help avoid packing since our local track has many small high-frequency bumps which can induce packing, then I simply adjust oil weight according to how the car feels on track after practice runs. Don't be tempted to use someone else's setup until you've tried to make your own; especially since track conditions can vary greatly between someone's local clay track and your own.