R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-03-2014, 10:46 AM
metalnut
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Try going back to the stock spring and going heavier on the oil? I'd only go to a stiffer spring from the kit if traction was really high. Everything else from your settings sounds really good. You might want to try some harder front springs and make sure you have front droop (less preload) a little higher. I know that sounds backwards, but it will help keep the transfer weight forward and keep the unloaded tire on the track.
I want to preface this by saying that I'm not disagreeing with your recommendation, but I am trying to understand it. Wouldn't going back to the stock spring give me less steering? I suppose stock spring with heavier oil would give me a similar effect in the very beginning of the load on the shock, so that's an interesting idea.

The harder front springs with more droop does indeed sound backwards, but I'm willing to give it a go. I just worry about rocking the boat that much during qualifiers