R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RP Racing Tires
Thread: RP Racing Tires
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 AM
SpeedTech
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just a follow up on the RP Tires again. On Saturday I started with a new set of RP 36 with RP-M (medium) insert on RP rims (basically the pre-mount setup) just to reconfirm all that we've learned about the tire. For SoCal, it takes about 1 1/2 runs to scrub in the tire, but on surface with a bit less traction, the tires might be good to go right out of the bag. Also, paragon is the traction compound of choice for SoCal and finally, the RP36 seems to be getting really good wear. On the RP40 we were able to get 8+ run on the tire (and still traction roll on the 8th run )

Traction again was very good. With the RP tires, most of the time I do not have a problem with lack of traction front or rear, but I have too much traction all around. With the 36R I traction rolled a few times, but by the time main came around with a few suspension changes, I was able to have a very capable car again in the main.

As soon as the weather gets better, I will try and to some more outdoor testing on these tires. We've tried RP on sealed outdoor asphalt before, in fact EJ Evans finished 2nd at the ROAR region 12 race in 19T class last year (outdoor asphalt at 4 fun hobbies and raceway )

Steve Wang