R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:37 PM
inpuressa
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
I'll defer to your superior B/L motor knowledge. So let's assume you're correct, but you really did not address what was "pissing" me off. That was the expense. If you want to try a different motor and rotor, you're looking at $100-150 if you include tax and shipping. The exception is the Speed Passion with the option sensor plate, which will be $55-60. Being new to B/L motors I started with 2 motors from manufactures I was familiar with. Both were not competitive in Minis. Then I purchased another motor from a company owned by someone i've known for a long time. That one turned out to be a good motor for F1 and TC, but not for Minis. Add that up, it's a lifetimes worth of Sivercans.

I don't understand what you disagree with me about. Could you clarify please? I understand you have 2 motors and you're going to use the "best" one in your Mini. Does that mean that one of the motors could be faster than the other in a Mini??? Isn't that the point of my rant? That the search for the "best" motor was too expensive for me. I did go back and read my post and can't understand the points of disagreement.
Was using the HW 13T an option at one point? The guys over at rc-mini was successful with it. I personally run it in mines and the speed is on par with the black can and the motor stays cool. Perfect speed range for the chassis imo.

Mini's don't have to go the way blinky TC is headed.