R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:06 PM
JayBee
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well I spent a long day yesterday becoming 1 with my 6.2. And when I say I put the car thru a durability test....PLEASE believe that
The track has good grip but its tight and board-brutal. Perfect for 1/12th tho.
First and foremost I have to say that this car is STOUT!!! It was pretty cool to break the chassis down for a rebuild today, and not see a single scratch.
The kit setup was damn close too. Came to the track with just the RSD 14 & 16lbs springs on and that's it. Car was very drivable but the rear gdiff needed heavier fluid. So while in the pits...we (myself & pitboss Kody Knutson) rebuilt the shocks (45wt/40wt) & Yoke Pink/Blues, 80wt in the gdiff and front dcj's with steel outdrives. Ran the car like this for the rest of the day. TQ'ed and won but admittedly....it was an ugly Main. The worst Main I've ever been involved in
I don't know about you guys' cars but mine steers close to a 12th scale, lol....and I wasn't the only one to think so. Amazing!! The car transitions well, squares up and scoots. It was awesome while I was in the groove...but when I drove hard, not so much. This car will force me to change my driving style slightly
I didn't get a chance to really try the Nardo body....didn't want to bug up my perspective before getting a solid platform with the setup under the MS6 first.

I'm very pleased with this latest AE rendition of the TC6. Can't wait to sink my teeth in more
I think my EVO is gonna have to wait until next carpet season to be built

Happy Racing