R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 02:41 PM
lovethebuggy
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fq06
I haven't heard much on that servo. Seen it online and a few people that said it is great and I think one that said it burnt up in a short amount of time. But that's what you could expect from a $17 servo. Spend $100+ on a servo and you expect no problems.
But at $17 its not a big loss if it doesn't work long and if it does, that's a huge win because performance does look good. Maybe buy 2 to be safe at that price.

What online stores are in or near your country?

Your servo motor died because you don't have your radio's end points set correctly and the servo is trying to push the steering further than mechanically possible (probably it) or your car hit something and the force transfered from the wheels to the servo breaking teeth on the gears.
You would hear a crunchy sound though if it was the gears and the heat you are describing sounds like the servo motor is the problem.
I can't remember if I hit something... No grinding sound... It was "working" normal until it got crazy, after that I checked inside my house to see what's going on and some smoke was going through a side...

I don't have any store close to me... But I buy all my stuff in US and it takes quite a bit to get here, but is the only way I can get these things...