R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 07:15 PM
King-G
Tech Fanatic

thanks for your posting of ideas on this matter Kevin...Seems we have found the same conclusion.

I feel however that castor is a good thing (to an extent)..as it gives you free camber in the turns as you can run minimal static camber to allow better tractability in a straight line..

I agree with your point on having too much camber change is not desirable..Currently I feel that my setup is working well with both 8.5 and 6 degrees of castor..If i feel the need to run less I will take your advice on removing some material from the bulkhead and using an extra castor spacer to give me more adjustment.

for me maximum camber in the turns as 2.25 degrees is working well, as I have great steering throughout the turn from entry to exit on rubber tires, Im getting good wear patterns wit this setup.
I'm not sure I want to change my roll centre to get less camber change, but castor would be the beter option. (are you running rubber or foam)?

I have not had a chance to drive the mission on foams yet ( as we race rubber tires in our state..but would be keen to hear your findings on these issues in relation to foam tires.

thanks for the informative posts...keep it coming guys!

Last edited by King-G; 06-13-2002 at 07:27 PM.