R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Arizona 12th scale only baby!!
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 PM
chris moore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Ok I went out to the Gilbert HT tonight and ran one of my 12th cars. Did'nt have the time to put the serpent back together so I ran my old t-bar hyperdrive. Now I did no prep other that to put some fresh lube on the diff balls and sauce the crusty two yr old tires. Overall the track was loose during warm-ups but came in after some races and while my old car was not on rails it was reasonable to drive given the lack of proper prep. With a decent setup I see no reason that we could not run this track with some minor setup changes, mostly a higher ride height. I spoke with Todd and he would be very happy to have us run there, he said he would try and do 6min heats and an 8min main. If its a slow weekend I think he would be fine doing 8mins all the way around. So my suggestion is for everyone to find a Sat that works for as many as possible and lets try it out. The worst possible outcome is that you have wasted a Sat.

I have also reached out to the Yuma carpet track and thay would also be happy to have us run there, thay will be resuming races on Sun after this weekend so again if everyone can find a sunday thats clear I say lets go down and try it out.