R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi XXX-S Graphite+....I'm lost
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 02:19 PM
wcoyote
Tech Regular

For the Radio I'll tell you what I have had my eyes on. One of them you have on your list. JR XS3 Pro, Airtronics M8 (I noticed the price of the Futaba. It should be about the same on Ebay). And the Airtronics MX-3S. The MX-3S should be around the same price as the JR remote. Both are crystalless systems. The only reason I don't go for the Futaba is that my old remote's servos may not run with that system.

I have a XXX-S G+ myself and run an old Airtronics VT2P AM radio, of which in 10 years and 3 cars have never had a problem with it. I just wanted a newer FM and something with more features.

The GTX is a good one. Either that or the GT-7, if you want to stay with Novak. Remember this though. Tekin is coming back into this and many people don't realize it. The Tekin I got was one of the best at the time and still works like a charm. I wouldn't totally dismiss them.

GP3300's are still the best racing batteries out there so far. Fusion, Trinity, Pro Match, Fukuyama, seem to be the top matchers. It's best to buy those new, not used. You never know how much abuse a pre-run pack has been through.

As far as motor, go with the 19T for stock or at the most 16T to start out with. I highly reccommend that if you go with the 16T, practice in some parks/parking lots or somewhere where you won't have to worry about narrow tracks/spaces. You will have the room to learn and make mistakes without fear of breaking your car. When you feel comfortable enough with how it handles, go to the local track. Remember learning to drive isn't about how fast you can take a corner, near as much as if you can take the corner clean. Speed will come with time. Have fun RC'ing!