R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Samich
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
Got my M05 up and running today. Ran about 25 laps total. Broke a left front steering knuckle then later on I completely demolished a servo saver which parked the M05 for the rest of the day.

During the time it was on the track I felt the motor was over powering the front inside wheel during the corners. Looking at getting a TA03 ball diff for my M05 to try and get better forward drive. Need to toughen up this guy so I can finish a 5 minute run.

Any tips on what I need to do or should do?
When I built my M05 a few weeks ago I started out with the TA03 diff from the get go. I got a second M05 for the wife to play around with (she just loves the Mini Cooper) and it has the stock diff. Even just running them around the basement, every time she turns I can hear the inside wheel spin up. Since I have my spare diff I was going to try putting some silly putty in it and drop it in her car to see the difference.

I see you're in Kenosha. You practicing at Harbor Hobbies? I bought my M05 with the intention of running the TCS in March. I'm hoping to make it there this weekend as well for some practice; weather permitting.