R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C.Borgia
You are right that it will not give more room in either of the b5's. I only mean to point out that it is worth trying pulling weight instead of adding weight, as davidka has tried to point out the problems of simply piling on weight. In short, The c4.2 seems to me to be more forgiving when coming on power with less weight up front. I'm wondering if we have to reconsider how weight transfer works on mm cars and not think only in terms of rm weight transfer.
yeah, its not just weight, its also weight transfer. how the chassis uses that weight on/off power or in a corner, or powering in a straight line. The is kinda the point of MM. The shifting of weight forward. What bother me is shifting the weight forward, then strapping a 50gram weight on the rear of the car, 30 grams on the sides and using a brass from toe plate. I am hoping the AE MM is designed with the right weigh balance out of the box. Or at least very close. Adding a couple 1/4oz weights is fine. These cars tossing on $100 in brass to function, dont seem properly designed for MM. The xfactory is very light in MM and appears to gave great traction. Maybe, too much traction in the rear. So it can be done and I hope AE gets it right.