R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:22 AM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Actually you are wrong about the ESC in USGT! If you check the USVTA rule book, it clearly states that the ESC for the USVTA sanctioned USGT class must be either one with ROAR approved Spec Software (i.e., blinky) or one of the approved ESCs (from the Trans AM list). So I don't buy the perceived cheating concern of having a blinky ESC on the list if there is no performance advantage- it just too easy to catch if someone goes non spec either before or after a heat (but its most obvious on the track).

Fortuanately the clubs I race at around here don't mind if I use my Tekin RS Pro in blinky in Trans AM at their club races, they just blow by me anyway! But I cannot use it for any USVTA sanctioned Trans AM events and that I understand. I'll just run USGT.
The reason both roar approved and the trans am list appears in the usgt rules is that not all trans am speed controls are listed anymore being discontinued or whatever.

If you don't think there is any concern about problem software in usgt you are wrong. I have no illusions. However its a class designed to be between standard sedan classes and vta. We also allow any roar motor in usgt. There is only one motor maker in vta. Vta is more buttoned down less choices and a simpler program. Usgt is meant to appeal more to the racer who was doing sedan already and is looking to go faster than vta.

This format is working. It will not be changing. I hope you see that it is not meant to exclude anyone or antagonize anyone.