R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Well, I dont 100% agree. For medium bite indoor, sure. But outdoors on non sugared dirt, I can disagree. My b4 was way too twitchy with a shorty in 17.5 outdoors. I tried to mess with roll centers and shock packages, but I could never lay down power without the rear breaking loose. The car always felt better with a full pack and was easier to drive. The downside was some layouts would have jumps that were an issue. So I decided to split the difference. I ran a shorty and added wight in the tray a little at a time until the car calmed down. I was around 260 grams with the shorty and lead. When I ran indoors, I always ran the shorty with only 1/4oz in the rear triangles and the ballast. My tlr22 was the same way. even though the base car weighed a lot more than the b4, it also felt better with a fill pack than a shorty. In fact, my current car has a shorty in it and I am not really liking it. It feels better with a full pack. Again, indoor I ran a shorty and it was great. Anyone that ran sct 4x4 outdoors on loamy tracks will also confirm that light trucks just could not bet the power down. It was one of the reasons the sc10 4x4 sucked outdoors and owners when to the alum chassis and added a bunch of weight.