R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 01-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
Looks as if their Saddle Block will require a jumper??!?!??

What's the point?

And FYI, no pack can do 100c discharge rate. Not steadily anyway, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's nothing more than a marketing ploy which some others have used. It MIGHT reach 100c for a very brief split second but for the most part it's going to be somewhere around 80-ish. 60-70c is thoroughly powerful and packs that do 80 even more so. I've spoken to a few Battery manufacturers who shared a ton of knowledge and the reasons they've not produced 100c packs and the consistent answer I got was that it's not possible to sustain currently and even producing 80 is a bit much so they stick with discharge rates they can produce with a solid constant rate.
I dont think it requires a jumper. notice how the stick packs have 4 holes also. I personally dont get the 4 hole thing. do we run 2x 12-14 awg wire for maximum power delivery?

I have also talked to several battery companies and it seems the only thing that mater is IR and how well the pack maintains a low IR. Some of my packs have a great IR at the start but triple over the first month. and others have a higher IR at the start, but end up being lower than other after 1-2 months of use. I assume this goes to the quality of the pack. But I have have 40c packs with lower IR than packs that are 70c. So, I have little o no faith in these battery companies.