R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Joe_Cathey
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Hey Warren,

So you got yourself an R10?

It was basically pretty simple for my car. I soften the front end with softer springs, I reduced droop to decrease roll/wheel lift and I half sauced the front instead of full sauce. Seems to work on my car. But I only have the non-2013 R10.

Interesting Joe. I've had this discussion with a few of my club members but we have a difference in opinion that is I feel as traction comes up, I find that I have increase steering into corners. Others have told me they feel like their car 'pushes' into the corners.

Obviously your changes work for you but from my perspective, wouldn't reducing rear toe in equals reducing rear grip where as the traction comes up, it would increase front steering even more? Just trying to understand the rationale.

No, I'm not running a lightweight body. I think it's a third lighter and i understand that would help but I still hit the boards a lot more than I would like (...or other "racing" incidents occur) and I'm too cheap to do that also. You haven't seen that amount of Gorilla Tape I'm already using to repair my bodies.

Ivan
My local track is a temporary track, where the carpet gets rolled out on a Friday, once the track barriers are set up it is ready to run. Then race Saturday, and rolled back up after the race. And the layout is always the same so the groove is built up. Usually for our practice on Friday the grip has gone away some. And by that I mean for my car I feel loose in back - somewhat sliding. My car is just not hooked up enough with the 2.5 rear toe block in practice. But by raceday the track has developed more grip and going to 2.5 rear toe in helps my car turn quite a bit, it just has a more free feeling in back. At my track, I picked up .2 per lap with this change alone. Make sense?