R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread
Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 AM
Crawlin
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Setup is on petitrc

It is really high bite out there so its an ok starting point forsome tracks. But I think you'll find yourself moving away from it with some small adjustments.

Personally, I took 2mm out of the rear inner camber links and the rear felt alot more locked in. I tried a red front spring and it helped some low-mid speed cornering but we have a huge sweeper right after the straight, which is right after a wall ride so we have some huge speed going into it. The front would roll over with that red spring and hook hard and cause it to get a bit loose. But it was unpredictable. With the pink spring up front I will need to play with some other changes to get the low-mid corner steering I need. More than likely play with the ackerman since I played with it on my RM car and REALLY liked how the #3 worked.

I also played with shorty all the way back vs. saddle. I remembered I had a saddle laying in my bad from my wheeler so charged it up for the main and the car felt alot better. Harder to explain but it just felt more "balanced".

I'm still running the AKA Typos in clay so maybe the setup would work better with a bar style tire

Last edited by Crawlin; 01-25-2014 at 07:42 AM.