Thread: Xray T4'14
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 05:25 AM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
I am a little confused.....

I see alot saying to run anti-dive and increase caster to gain more steering. I tried this and I seemed to lose some over all steering. Both middle and on power.

I then went back to 4deg caster and put kick up in the car and had way more steering. So much so that I then took about 5 clicks of D/R out.

Even after reading the set up guide a few times I am still not getting why its more common to run anti-dive with more caster vs just running kick up.

Can some one help me under stand this a little better?
The more caster you run at the blocks it will cause the car to jack more weight into that wheel and also more camber when turning in the center of a corner. Thus making the car turn more center out but also make the car more tipy (Prone to traction rolling). By running 4 degree with kickup this doesnt cause this quite as much but it will affect how it goes over bumps and tracks down the straights and still be tippy. The kickup will cause it to turn in harder (giving the affect of more steering).

Running 6 degree with anti dive will still have steering but the anti dive will keep the car from being tippy off power due to it not transferring as much weight to the front end off power but still have steering center out with the blocks. The draw back is a loss of steering into the corner. The anti dive seems to work better with a gear diff in the front.

EA