R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - is the slipper clutch the problem?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Brian87gt
WeLL, I do remember when I put it together I only tightened the diff until when I spun one side , the other side spun the opposite direction. I didn't have to tighten it down to much for this. So I'm hoping that it just needs to be tightened down.

heres a thing i did that was eastyier to do with checking the ball diff and thats holding the right wheel and spur gear, and turning the left wheel if it turns a lot its to loose and slipping if its to hard to turn its to tight . So you want where its inbetween kind of tightest and not causing a bind.

Issue is if it was already slipping bad before odds are the balls are shot . Now you can flip the diff rings around but you need new diff balls.

Personally i get tired of ball diffs i just bought a gear diff for my t4.1 .

The slipper clutch ethier sand the slipper pads and the plates or get new ones . When you adjust it tighten like the manuel says than put the truck on a table hold both wheels and do quick blips of throttle and you want the Front wheels to go up 1 to 2mm high.

However when you go on the track odds are you will need to adjust to the traction on the track.

And you only want the slipper to slip a little.