R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - cut gears in stock class???
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:36 AM
wisconsinbasher
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
You absolutely DO NOT need any of this to have a chance at a big race! Having a decent motor and a good lipo mean way more. None of this matters if you clip 1 pipe in your qualifier!

I had all this stuff in the past back in the brushed/Nimh or even nicad days. With all of if together, slipper eliminator, alum topshaft, cut gears, lightened out drives, alum cvd's... I could feel a difference in acceleration of course. It wasn't something so drastic that it meant you couldn't make the A main at a big race. This is still offroad! Driving still matters more!
For me it's not so much of trying to be faster but the need to be tinkering. Since switching from bashing and hop ups to racing I still have the itch to be constantly adding on or redoing my cars so for me it's more about just finding the next project. And thanks too every one for the great feedback.

I do agree with some of the statements on hear stock class buggy racing shuld be more considerd as an entry level event geard twords new comers I think my first time racing stock buggy I got laped about five times by a local fast guy I have since cut that down to one it's veery discouraging at first but I realised it's not how shiny my car is it's how I get it around the track and how it handles going around the track. I owe a lot of that improvement to this site and the fellow racers who are willing to share some of that vast rc nolege. Big thanks to tech.