R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LeMans LMP1: 200mm Pan Class Discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 07:28 AM
ercwhtsd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here are my personal thoughts, take them for what they are, an opinion as a DRIVER.

Someone/body had to take the lead as an emerging class. Rick and Rob have done that and come up with a base set of rules or guidelines. The class overall has the potential for massive and rapid growth as folks switch from the super fast hard to handle sedans to more realistic, recognizable toy cars.

I would prefer the SP LM1 stay on foam for a number of reasons, ease of the drive being #1. Low maintenance after the initial "shake down" runs and durability.

Where else can someone buy a complete kit with body, chassis and tires for $200? (not including an M-Chassis).

Run the ride height at 4mm to discourage massive and needles tire truing and keep the scale looks.

Has anyone tried a WGT, on spec foams, in 1s 13.5, with a Lemans style body yet? That may be a better option for WGT owner's who would like to play in a Lemans type class.

Where right now, is the largest concentration of these cars?

I am willing to do this, and gamble much like I did some other classes, some worked and some didn't. 1 Saturday a month, will be "Lemans Day". Free for LMP drivers to gather, test, tune and share ideas and thoughts, much like when VTA was a fledgling upstart.