R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 07:16 PM
drepus
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JMURACN
This shaft has 10 runs on it... 6 full packs, 4 qual/race runs. I broke down both the fronts (both replaced at the same time) and this is what i am finding. The axle holes for the pins are ovaling out.

If the pin can hold itself together, the barrel beings to slop and oval. This one ovaled out, pitched the barrel and pin... i've had others oval out and break the shaft where it holds the barrel. Here is the ovaled shaft side where the barrel used to sit.

i previously noted that there was some "slop" in the front end. I'm pretty OCD about tracking slop and replacing the warn parts. I'm pretty new to RC (i did on road 12years ago) world and I need consistency in my truck to make sure its all driver error (and it is!). I just put in two brand new front axle sets and the slop went away.

10 runs seems a little low to have this wear... but i'll keep tracking it and collecting more data. and i'll stop throwing away all my broken ones and start taking more pictures!

Just a couple of quicks thoughts here.
What shock mounting locations are you using on the tower and the arm in the front?
You don't accidentally have the centre diff outdrives (they have flats on them and are longer) in the front diff do you? They would cause the driveshafts to bind severely when the suspension is nearing full extension.