R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team fantom racing
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Jerz616
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcozz
So lately i have "Burnt up" 2 fantom motors. First off it was a fantom apex v2 17.5 with a orion r10 esc. It was running fine and i adjusted the timing and it was still running fine. I went to change my gearing and then went to adjust the slipper. The motor was cool well doing this. The motor was acting funny. It not pull the front wheels off the ground or have the slipper slip when holding the tires. Shorty after well holding the throttle wide open to show someone else at the track it went up in smoke. Then i put in my Fantom Ion V4 17.5 and adjusted the timing on it as well. Was running fine all day and i went to use it today and it did the same thing. This time with just a little smoke. Both motors are very hard to turn. I never run the motors over 160. Running them in my c4.2 with no binding issues. What could be the problem? When i put the fantom in i also took out the orion r10 and put in a LRP SXX. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
You say they are hard to turn. Check to make sure there isn't any solder or a stray strand of wire crossing any of the poles. I had a revtech get that muddy feeling and thought it was smoked. Then I looked and saw one strand of motor wire touching the A and B poles and when I cleaned all the solder off and took the wire off the motor was back to normal. Yours might be a different prob, but it's worth a shot to clean all the solder off each pole and see if it changes anything.