R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - dope will make your tires worn out super fast
Old 01-22-2014, 02:35 PM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon
It just puts the oil back in the tire and makes it more soft and sticky. Simple Green will actually pull oil out of a tire. Every month or so I like to soak my tires in a ziplock freezer bag with a bit of WD40 sprayed in there. I work it around evenly and then let it sit overnight. Sometimes it makes clay compound swell a bit, but the swelling is gone after a few hours in open air.

If you just use simple green over and over, your tires will dry out eventually. WD40 resets them. If you use too much WD40 though your tire will saturate and then you just have oily tires!
Right now I clean with Simple Green and sauce with White Sticky Kicks. I am not seeing anything abnormal or particularly ground breaking.

My concern with WD40 was more the people talking about it ruining the track.

Onroad guys are notorious for traction additives, and everything from lighter fluid to diesel to strange concoctions from moonshiners, I can't keep up. As I said, my concern is with the track, not what crazy chemicals the next guy is going to try to gain a tenth.