R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Tom87
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So it's finally starting to make sense. I'm asking for your approach when u want to make the car exit of of the corners better. What is the first thing you try after u got the tires figured out.
1) add more toe
2) run less anti squad
3) lower roll center
4?????
What is typically the first thing you would change. We're talking midmotor off course.
I would add more rear toe (up to 3.5*), you could try going up or down one spring rate. Sometimes I feel a soft rear spring absorbs the weight transfer without passing it onto the tires. To hard a spring and it will feel like ice.

Another option which I learnt from 12th scale and have applied successfully to 2wd buggy is in all but the lowest traction conditions, the more entry steering you have, the rest of the corner will sort its self out. The theory being you do 50% of your rotation in the first 1/3rd of the corner, then you will be turning less when you are applying the gas on exit. I see a lot of cars with bad understeer and they scrub speed at the apex then try and get on the gas (cause the corner speed is so slow) while completing the turn causing the rear to get outa shape. So they look for more rear grip and gain more understeer and the cycle repeats. The more corner speed you have the less acceleration you will need.

Now I rarely touch the rear end of my rb6 mid, my setup procedure is rear tire to suit track (you should probably be able to pick this from just looking at the track), then I try front tire inserts (open cell v closed cell) and front wheelbase adjustment.