R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 12:40 AM
akshayp14
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bluegroovelosi
I've been using the shortys for a couple of weeks. I was running them all the way back with a double foam block in front to keep them from moving around.

Had a discussion with several other drivers about how the buggy pulls a wheelie out of most every corner now, which didn't bother me, but apparently was way more visible from ground level. LOTS of weight transfer now with the motor and the battery behind the virtual center/center diff line which, again, was fine with me but seems to be of some concern to others.

The shorty pack won't slide forward very far, or very easily, because of the velcro straps - you can only move it about 3/8" forward before the + & - power output cables are under the strap. So it's either put the battery dead center in the big battery tray or all the way back.

My Viper ESC was giving me all sorts of trouble last night, so I never really got any good laps in. As always, it'll be a state of continuous trial and error. I'm still using the stock springs, just raised a bit on the shock collar to set the ride height at 29mm up front and 27 in the back.

Robert Conner
Omaha, Nebraska

ride height is generally always lower in the front (27mm front and 29mm rear)